General Knowledge - General Awareness Quiz - Questions and Answers, GK 2010
Out of the 81,000 animal species so far described from India, Invertebrates have a lion's share with about 68,000 organisms and microorganisms. In this context, consider the following:
1. Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972
2. Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980
3. Biological Diversity Act, 2002
Which among the above emphasize(s) upon conservation of the Invertebrates?
2 & 3 only
Under which of the following departments / ministries comes the "Grant-in-aid to Universities & Research Institutions" in India?
Department of Economic Affairs
Department of Higher Education
Ministry of Planning
None of them
Which among the following options does not mention Correct Location of India's Biosphere Reserves?
Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve - Tamilnadu
Nokrek Biosphere Reserve - Meghalaya
Similipal Biosphere Reserve - Orrisa
Dehang-Debang Biosphere reserve - Arunachal Pradesh
all matched correctly
The President of India appoints the Chairman and Members of the National Human Rights Commission on whose recommendations?
Prime Minister of India
Speaker of Lok Sabha
Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
All of the Above
The Constitution of India gives a right to audience in all courts of India, to whom among the following?
President of India
Chief Justice of India
Attorney General of India
Solicitor General of India
In which country is located Shakespeare beach?
Consider the following statements:
1. National Tiger Conservation Authority is an statutory authority with legal backing to ensure tiger conservation.
2. Project Tiger had no statutory status
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
Both 1 & 2
Neither 1 nor 2
What was the total number of Special Economic Zones in India before the SEZ act was enacted in 2005?
Who among the following was the leader of Mahagujarat Movement:?
Who among the following is the current Supreme Commander of Iranian armed forces ?
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
Mohammad Ali Jafari
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Car Racing Games For Your Smartphone
Saffron Or Kesar Get Beautiful Skin
Tips to Feng Shui Your Home
Celebration of Dhanteras
Unreal Travel Destinations in Europe
This crystal clear lake in Switzerland is incredible.